Romans chapter 7:13-20
But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me.
Romans 7:13-20 - NKJV
Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
- What resulted in me from the law? 7:13
- Although the law is spiritual, what are we? 7:14
- When we are in the flesh, what do we do? 7:15
- If we do what we do not wish to do, is the law still good? 7:16
- What is it that causes us to break the law? 7:17
- What dwells or lives in our flesh? 7:18
- Instead of doing the good that I want to do, what do I do? 7:19
- When we are in the flesh, what dwells in us? 7:20