1 John Chapter 1:1-4
That which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.
- What had John heard, seen, looked upon and handled? 1 John 1:1
- What had been revealed (brought to light) to them? 1 John 1:2
- What did he bear witness to and declare? 1 John 1:2
- Who had Jesus been with? 1 John 1:2
- Who was Jesus manifest to? 1 John 1:2
- Why did he declare what he had seen and heard? 1 John 1:3
- Who did he truly have fellowship with? 1 John 1:3
- Why did John write these things to us? 1 John 1:4
1 John Chapter 1:5-7
If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
- What is the message that John had heard and was declaring? 1 John 1:5
- If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, what are we really doing? 1 John 1:6
- But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, who will we have fellowship with? 1 John 1:7
- If we walk in the light, what with the blood of Jesus cleanse us from? 1 John 1:7
1 John Chapter 1:8-10
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- If we say that we have no sin; who are we deceiving? 1 John 1:8
- If we say that we have no sin; what is not in us? 1 John 1:8
- If we confess our sins, what is He faithful to forgive us of? 1 John 1:9
- What will He cleanse us from? 1 John 1:9
- If we say that we have not sinned; what are we calling Him? 1 John 1:10
- If we say that we have not sinned; what is not in us? 1 John 1:10