1 John Chapter 2:1-2
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
- Why did John write these things? 1 John 2:1
- If we sin, what do we have with the Father? 1 John 2:1
- Who is the propitiation (full payment) for our sins? 1 John 2:2
- Who else is this for? 1 John 2:2
1 John Chapter 2:3-6
Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
- How do we know that we know Him? 1 John 2:3
- If a person says he knows Him and does not keep His commandments, what is he? 1 John 2:4
- a. Who is the love of God truly perfected in? If we do this, whate do we know? 1 John 2:5
- How should we walk? 1 John 2:6
1 John Chapter 2:7-8
At the same time, it is a new commandment that I am writing to you, which is true in him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining.
- How long had they had the old commandment? 1 John 2:7
- Who is the new commandment true in? 1 John 2:8
- What is passing away? 1 John 2:8
- What is already shining? 1 John 2:8
1 John Chapter 2:9-11
Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness.
- When a person says that he is in the light, but hates his brother, what is he actually in? 1 John 2:9
- When a person loves his brother, what does he abide in? 1 John 2:10
- Why will he not stumble? 1 John 2:10
- What does he who hates his brother, walk in? 1 John 2:11
- Why does he not know where he is going? 1 John 2:11
1 John Chapter 2:12-14
I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I write to you, children, because you know the Father.
- What does John want little children to know about their sins? 1 John 2:12
- For whose sake are they forgiven? 1 John 2:12
- Why did he write to fathers? 1 John 2:13
- Who have young men overcome? 1 John 2:13
- Why did he write to little children? 1 John 2:13
- Who do fathers know? 1 John 2:14
- Why are young men strong? 1 John 2:14
1 John Chapter 2:15-17
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
- What are we not to love? 1 John 2:15
- If anyone loves the world, what is not in them? 1 John 2:15
- What three things does John say are in the world? 1 John 2:16
- Who are all these things not of? 1 John 2:16
- What is happening to the world? 1 John 2:17
- What is passing away with the world? 1 John 2:17
- Who will live or abide forever? 1 John 2:17
1 John Chapter 2:18-19
Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.
- What hour did John say that it was? 1 John 2:18
- Who had they heard was coming? 1 John 2:18
- Who had already come back then? 1 John 2:18
- What do we know by this? 1 John 2:18
- Why had some gone out from them? 1 John 2:19
- If they were of them, who would they have continued with? 1 John 2:19
- When they went out, what did it manifest (bring to light) about them? 1 John 2:19
1 John Chapter 2:20-23
Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
- Who do we have an anointing from? 1 John 2:20
- What things will He allow us to know? 1 John 2:20
- Why did John write to them? 1 John 2:21
- What are lies not of? 1 John 2:21
- What does a liar deny about Jesus? 1 John 2:22
- What is a person who denies the Father and the Son? 1 John 2:22
- If a person denies the Son, who do they not have? 1 John 2:23
- If a person confesses or acknowledges Jesus, who do they have also? 1 John 2:23
1 John Chapter 2:24-25
If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father.
- What should we let abide in us? 1 John 2:24
- If what you heard from the beginning (the true gospel) abides in you, who will you abide in? 1 John 2:24
- What promise has He given us? 1 John 2:25
1 John Chapter 2:26-27
I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you.
- Why did John write these things? 1 John 2:26
- Who do we have an anointing from? 1 John 2:27
- If a deceiver tries to sway us from the true gospel, why do we not need them? 1 John 2:27
- Who have we received our anointing from that teaches us all things? 1 John 2:27