2 John Chapter 1:1-3-6
The elder to the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all who know the truth.
- Who is this letter to? 2 John 1:1
- How did John feel about these believers? 2 John 1:1
- Who else loved them? 2 John 1:1
- What abides in us? 2 John 1:2
- How long with the truth be with us? 2 John 1:2
- What does John say will be with us? 2 John 1:3
- In what two ways will grace, mercy and peace be with us? 2 John 1:3
2 John Chapter 1:4-6
I rejoiced greatly to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as we were commanded by the Father.
- What made John rejoice greatly? 2 John 1:4
- What have we received from the Father? 2 John 1:4
- What commandment was John pleading that we do? 2 John 1:5
- What is love? 2 John 1:6
- When did this commandment come? 2 John 1:6
2 John Chapter 1:7-8
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.
- Who have gone out into the world? 2 John 1:7
- What do they not confess about Jesus? 2 John 1:7
- What does Jonh call these people? 2 John 1:7
- Why did John tell them to look out for themselves? 2 John 1:8
- What did John hope to receive? 2 John 1:8
2 John Chapter 1:9-11
Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
- What does anyone who does not abide in the doctrine of Christ, not have? 2 John 1:9
- Who has both the Father and the Son? 2 John 1:9
- If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, what are you not to do? 2 John 1:10
- If you greet them, what do you share in? 2 John 1:11