James Chapter 1:1-8
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
- Who is this letter from? James 1:1
- Who is it to? James 1:1
- How are we to consider it when we fall into various trials? James 1:2
- What does the testing of our faith produce? James 1:3
- Why are we to let patience haveitsperfect work? James 1:4
- If any of you lacks wisdom, what should you do? James 1:5
- What will God do? James 1:5
- How must we ask in faith? James 1:6
- What is he who doubts like? James 1:6
- What will a double minded man receive from the Lord? James 1:7-8
- Who is unstable in all his ways?
James Chapter 1:9-11
Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation, and the rich in his humiliation, because like a flower of the grass he will pass away.
- Who is toglory in his exaltation? James 1:9
- What are the rich toglory in? James 1:10
- What happens has the sun risen with a burning heat? James 1:11
- How is this like the rich man? James 1:11
James Chapter 1:12-15
But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.
- Who is blessed? James 1:12
- When he has been approved, what will he receive? James 1:12
- Who does the Lord give this to? James 1:12
- Why is no one say when he is tempted, that he is tempted by God? James 1:13
- How is each one drawn away when he is tempted? James 1:14
- What happens when desire has conceived? James 1:15
- What does it give birth to? James 1:15
- When sin is full-grown, what does it bring? James 1:15
James Chapter 1:16-18
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
- What are wenot to be deceived about where every good gift and every perfect gift comes from? James 1:16-17
- How did He bring us forth (make us born again)? James 1:18
- What are we? James 1:18
James Chapter 1:19-21
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
- What must you be sift to do? James 1:19
- What two things must you be slow to do? James 1:19
- What doesthe wrath of man not produce? James 1:20
- What are we to lay aside? James 1:21
- How are we to receive the implanted word (the Scriptures)? James 1:21
- What is the word able to do? James 1:21
James Chapter 1:22-25
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
- What will happen if we be not doers of the word, but not hearers only? James 1:22
- If anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, who is he like? James 1:23
- When he observes himself, what does he immediately forget? James 1:24
- What will happen tohe who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continuesin it? James 1:25