1 Thessalonians Chapter 4:1-2
Finally, then, brothers, we ask and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, just as you are doing, that you do so more and more.
- How did Paul urge and exhort them? 1 Thessalonians 4:1
- What did they know, that Paul had given them? 1 Thessalonians 4:2
1 Thessalonians Chapter 4:3-8
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality;that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God.
- What is the will of God regarding our sanctification? 1 Thessalonians 4:3
- What should each man know how to possess? 1 Thessalonians 4:4,1 Thessalonians 4:5
- How should no one take advantage and defraud of his brother? What is God the avenger of? 1 Thessalonians 4:6
- What has God called us to? 1 Thessalonians 4:7
- If anyone rejects this, who are they rejecting? 1 Thessalonians 4:8
1 Thessalonians Chapter 4:9-12
Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another.
- Who had taught them about loving one another? 1 Thessalonians 4:9
- What did Paul urge them to do? 1 Thessalonians 4:10
- How did he want them to live? Was this a suggestion, or a command? 1 Thessalonians 4:11
- Why did Paul instruct them to live this way? 1 Thessalonians 4:12
1 Thessalonians Chapter 4:13-14
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.
- What does Paul want you to not be ignorant about? 1 Thessalonians 4:13
- Who will Jesus bring with Him when He comes again? 1 Thessalonians 4:14
1 Thessalonians Chapter 4:15-18
For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
- What will happen to those who are alive until His coming? Who will they not precede? 1 Thessalonians 4:15
- How will the Lord descend? Whose voice will be with Him? When will the dead in Christ raise? 1 Thessalonians 4:16
- What will happen to those who are alive? Who will they meet in the air? How long will we be with the Lord? 1 Thessalonians 4:17
- What are we to do with these words? 1 Thessalonians 4:18