1 Thessalonians Chapter 5:1-11
For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
- What did they already know about the day of the Lord (His second coming)? 1 Thessalonians 5:1-2
- What will people be saying before He returns, and who will not escape? 1 Thessalonians 5:3
- If you are not in darkness, how will you not be overtaken? 1 Thessalonians 5:4
- What are we sons of, and what are we not of? 1 Thessalonians 5:5
- Instead of being spiritually asleep, what are we to do? 1 Thessalonians 5:6
- When do they get drunk? 1 Thessalonians 5:7
- Being of the day, what are we to put on? 1 Thessalonians 5:8
- What did God not appoint us to? What does God want us to obtain? 1 Thessalonians 5:9
- Why did He die for us? 1 Thessalonians 5:10
- What are we to do to each other? 1 Thessalonians 5:11
1 Thessalonians Chapter 5:12-15
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.
- Who are we to recognize? Who are they over and what are they to do? 1 Thessalonians 5:12
- How are you to esteem them? How are we to be among ourselves?1 Thessalonians 5:13
- Who are you to warn? Who are you to comfort and uphold? 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- Who are you to be patient with? 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- Who are we to repay with evil, and what are you to pursue? 1 Thessalonians 5:15
1 Thessalonians Chapter 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- When are we to rejoice? 1 Thessalonians 5:16
- How are we to pray? What are we to do in everything? 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- What is God's will for you? 1 Thessalonians 5:18
1 Thessalonians Chapter 5:19-22
Testgive thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.; hold fast what is good.
- What are we not to quench? 1 Thessalonians 5:19
- What are we not to despise? 1 Thessalonians 5:20
- What are we to test? 1 Thessalonians 5:21
- What are we to abstain from? 1 Thessalonians 5:22
1 Thessalonians Chapter 5:23-28
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- How can God sanctify you? 1 Thessalonians 5:23
- In what three ways does He want to preserve you? 1 Thessalonians 5:23
- Who is faithful, and what will He do? 1 Thessalonians 5:24
- What did Paul ask them to do? 1 Thessalonians 5:25
- How did Paul say for us to greet each other? 1 Thessalonians 5:26
- What does Paul charge us to do with this letter (epistle)? 1 Thessalonians 5:27
- What will be with us as we do these things? 1 Thessalonians 5:28