1 Corinthians Chapter 11:1-3
But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.
- Who are we to imitate? 1 Corinthians 11:1
- What did Paul praise them for? 1 Corinthians 11:2
- What did he want them to know? 1 Corinthians 11:3
1 Corinthians Chapter 11:4-9
For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.
- If a man prays with his head covered, who does he dishonor? 1 Corinthians 11:4
- Who is his head? 1 Corinthians 11:4
- If a woman prays with her head uncovered, what is it to her? 1 Corinthians 11:5-6
- Who is the image and glory of God? Who is the glory of man? 1 Corinthians 11:7
- Did man come from woman, or did woman come from man? 1 Corinthians 11:8
- Was man created for the woman, or was the woman created for the man? 1 Corinthians 11:9
1 Corinthians Chapter 11:10-16
If anyone is inclined to be contentious, we have no such practice, nor do the churches of God.
- What should the woman have? 1 Corinthians 11:10
- Is man or woman independent of each other? 1 Corinthians 11:11
- Who came from whom, and who came through whom? 1 Corinthians 11:12
- How should we judge this? 1 Corinthians 11:13
- What does nature teach us? 1 Corinthians 11:14
- What is long hair for a woman? 1 Corinthians 11:15
- Did Paul accept any other tradition from contentious people? 1 Corinthians 11:16
1 Corinthians Chapter 11:17-22
But in the following instructions I do not commend you, because when you come together it is not for the better but for the worse.
- How was Paul addressing them about their coming together? 1 Corinthians 11:17
- What had he heard about their assemblies (coming together)? 1 Corinthians 11:18
- How are those who are approved recognized? 1 Corinthians 11:19
- What were they doing to negate the Lord's Supper? 1 Corinthians 11:20-21
- What did Paul instruct them to do to resolve this? 1 Corinthians 11:22
1 Corinthians Chapter 11:23-26
For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.
- What had Paul delivered to them? 1 Corinthians 11:23-24
- What did Jesus do say about the cup? 1 Corinthians 11:25
- What do we proclaim when we eat and drink the Lord's Supper? 1 Corinthians 11:26
1 Corinthians Chapter 11:27-32
Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord.
- If you eat in an unworthy manner, what are you guilty of? 1 Corinthians 11:27
- What must we do? 1 Corinthians 11:28
- If we don't examine ourselves, what are we drinking? 1 Corinthians 11:29
- What results from this? 1 Corinthians 11:30
- How can we avoid judgment? 1 Corinthians 11:31
- Why does the Lord chasten us? 1 Corinthians 11:32