1 Timothy Chapter 1:1-2
To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- How was Paul an apostle of Jesus Christ? 1 Timothy 1:1
- Who is this letter to? 1 Timothy 1:2
- Who was Timothy to Paul? 1 Timothy 1:2
- How did Paul greet Timothy? 1 Timothy 1:2
1 Timothy Chapter 1:3-7
As I urged you when I was going to Macedonia, remain at Ephesus so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine.
- What had Paul urged Timothy to do? 1 Timothy 1:3
- What was he to charge some that they should not teach? 1 Timothy 1:3
- What are we not to give heed to? 1 Timothy 1:4
- What do fables and genealogies cause? 1 Timothy 1:4
- In what do they not give godly edification? 1 Timothy 1:4
- What is the purpose of the commandment? 1 Timothy 1:5
- In what three things is this love from? 1 Timothy 1:5
- How have some strayed? 1 Timothy 1:6
- What do they want to be teachers of? 1 Timothy 1:7
- What do they not understand? 1 Timothy 1:7
1 Timothy Chapter 1:8-11
Remain at Ephesus so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine,understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners.
- What do we know about the law? 1 Timothy 1:8
- Who is the law not made for? 1 Timothy 1:9-10
- Who is the law made for? 1 Timothy 1:9-10
- What had been committed to Paul's trust? 1 Timothy 1:11
1 Timothy Chapter 1:12-17
But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.
- Who had enabled Paul? 1 Timothy 1:12
- How had the Lord counted him? 1 Timothy 1:12
- What did the Lord put Paul into? 1 Timothy 1:12
- What was Paul formerly? 1 Timothy 1:13
- How had he done this ignorantly? 1 Timothy 1:13
- What was exceedingly abundant? 1 Timothy 1:14
- Who is this faith and love in? 1 Timothy 1:14
- What is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance? 1 Timothy 1:15
- Who did Paul see the chief sinner to be? 1 Timothy 1:15
- Why did Paul obtain mercy? 1 Timothy 1:16
- Who did Paul become a pattern for? 1 Timothy 1:16
- Who deserves honor and glory forever and ever? 1 Timothy 1:17
1 Timothy Chapter 1:18-20
In accordance with the prophecies previously made about you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience.
By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith.
- What charge did Paul commit to Timothy? 1 Timothy 1:18
- How had this charge been previously made? 1 Timothy 1:18
- By them, what was Timothy to wage? 1 Timothy 1:18
- What was Timothy to have? 1 Timothy 1:19
- What happened to those who rejected this? 1 Timothy 1:19
- Who had Paul delivered to Satan? 1 Timothy 1:20
- What did he hope they would learn from this? 1 Timothy 1:20