1 Timothy Chapter 3:1-7
An Overseer: He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive,for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?
- Is it good if a man desires the position of an overseer (bishop)? 1 Timothy 3:1
- How must the character of an overseer be? 1 Timothy 3:2-3
- How must he rule his own house? 1 Timothy 3:4-5
- If a man does not know how to rule his own house, will he be able to take care of the church of God? 1 Timothy 3:4-5
- What will happen if he is a novice (a young, unseasoned believer)? 1 Timothy 3:6
- How must an overseer be with those outside (in his community)? 1 Timothy 3:7
1 Timothy Chapter 3:8-13
Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain.
And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless.
- How must a deacon be? 1 Timothy 3:8
- How must he hold the mystery of the faith? 1 Timothy 3:9
- What must happen before a man becomes a deacon? 1 Timothy 3:10
- How must he be found? 1 Timothy 3:10
- Then what can they do? 1 Timothy 3:10
- How must their wife be? 1 Timothy 3:11
- What must the marital status of a deacon be? 1 Timothy 3:12
- How must he rule his children and their own house? 1 Timothy 3:12
- What do those who serve as deacons obtain for themselves? 1 Timothy 3:13
1 Timothy Chapter 3:14-16
I am writing these things to you so that, if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and buttress of the truth.
- Why did Paul write these things? 1 Timothy 3:14-15
- What is the church of the living God the pillar and ground of? 1 Timothy 3:14-15
- What is without controversy? 1 Timothy 3:16
- How was God Manifest (become flesh)? 1 Timothy 3:16
- How was He justified? 1 Timothy 3:16
- To whom was He preached? 1 Timothy 3:16
- Where was He believed on? 1 Timothy 3:16
- Where was He received up to? 1 Timothy 3:16