Colossians Chapter 1:1-2
To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father.
- Who is this letter from? Colossians 1:1
- Who is this letter to? Colossians 1:2
- How does Paul greet them? Colossians 1:2
Colossians Chapter 1:3-8
We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love that you have for all the saints.
- What did Paul do always for them? Colossians 1:3
- What had he heard about them? Colossians 1:4
- Where was their hope laid up for them? Colossians 1:5
- What had they heard? Colossians 1:5
- Who had the gospel come to? Colossians 1:6
- Where was it bringing forth fruit? Colossians 1:6
- Who had they learned it from? Colossians 1:7
- What had Epaphras declared about them? Colossians 1:8
Colossians Chapter 1:9-14
And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding.
- What did Paul not cease to do? What did he pray that they would be filled with? Colossians 1:9
- How would this make them walk? Colossians 1:10
- Who would they be fully pleasing to, and what would they be fruitful in? Colossians 1:10
- How would they be strengthened? What would this produce in them? Colossians 1:11
- What has the Father qualified us to be partakers of? Colossians 1:12
- What has He delivered us from and conveyed us into? Colossians 1:13
- How, and through whom, do we have redemption? Colossians 1:14
Colossians Chapter 1:15-18
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
- What is Jesus the image of? Colossians 1:15
- What is He the firstborn over? Colossians 1:15
- What was created by Jesus? Who were they created for? Colossians 1:16
- What is He before? In whom do all things consist (hold together)? Colossians 1:17
- What is He the Head of? What is His body? In what things will Jesus have first place (preeminence)? Colossians 1:18
Colossians Chapter 1:19-20
For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell.
- What pleased the Father? Colossians 1:19
- What are the things will He reconcile to Himself? Colossians 1:20
Colossians Chapter 1:21-23
And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds.
- How were we once alienated from Him? Colossians 1:21,Colossians 1:22
- What has He now done in the body of His flesh? Colossians 1:21,Colossians 1:22
- How will He present us? Colossians 1:21,Colossians 1:22
- For this to happen, what must we continue in? Colossians 1:23
Colossians Chapter 1:24-29
Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.
- What did Paul rejoice in for them? Colossians 1:24
- What was lacking? What is His body? Colossians 1:24
- How did Paul receive this stewardship? Colossians 1:25
- What would Paul fulfill? Colossians 1:25
- When had the mystery been hidden? Colossians 1:26
- When had it been revealed? Colossians 1:26
- What did God will to make know? Colossians 1:27
- What are the riches of the glory of this mystery? Colossians 1:27
- What is the hope of glory? Colossians 1:27
- How was Paul warning every man? Colossians 1:28
- How did he want to present every man? Colossians 1:28
- How did he labor to do this? Colossians 1:29