Ephesians Chapter 2:1-3
Among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
- Who made us alive, and what were we dead in? Ephesians 2:1
- How did we once walk? What was this according to? What now works in the sons of disobedience? Ephesians 2:2
- How did we all once conduct ourselves? What were we fulfilling? What were we by nature? Ephesians 2:3
- Can you admit that you did this?
Ephesians Chapter 2:4-10
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- What did God do, even when we dead in trespasses? Ephesians 2:4-5
- Why did He do this for us? Ephesians 2:4
- Where did He raise us up to, and where are we now sitting Spiritually? Ephesians 2:6
- What will this show in the ages to come? Ephesians 2:7
- What have we be save by? Ephesians 2:8
- And through what does His grace save us? Ephesians 2:8
- If this were by our works instead of His grace, what would we do? Ephesians 2:9
- Whose workmanship are we? Ephesians 2:10
- What were we created in Christ Jesus for? Ephesians 2:10
- Do you agree that Salvation is a free gift that you cannot earn?
Ephesians Chapter 2:11-13
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
- What were we called at one time by the Circumcision (Jews)? Ephesians 2:11
- What were we at that time, and what were we aliens from? Ephesians 2:12
- How have we been brought near? Ephesians 2:13
- How does it make you feel that you have been brought near by the blood of Chrsit?
Ephesians Chapter 2:14-18
By abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,and might reconcile us both to God in One Body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility.
- Who is our peace? Who has broken down the wall between Jews and Gentiles? Ephesians 2:14
- What did He abolish in His flesh? Ephesians 2:15
- What is the law of commandments contained in? Ephesians 2:15
- What has He created? Ephesians 2:15
- How are both Jews and Gentiles reconciled to God? What did this put to death? Ephesians 2:16
- Who did He preach peace to? Ephesians 2:17
- What do both Jews and Gentiles now have access to? Ephesians 2:18
- Do you believe that He has abolished the Old Covenant Law of Commandments?
Ephesians Chapter 2:19-22
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God.
- Now that we are no longer strangers, who are we now citizens with? Ephesians 2:19
- What are we members of? Ephesians 2:19
- What have we been built upon? Ephesians 2:20
- Who is the chief cornerstone that holds the foundation together? Ephesians 2:20
- What is the whole building growing into? Ephesians 2:21
- What are we being built together for? Ephesians 2:22
- Personal Question: If He has made you alive, you are a Citizen in His Kingdom and a Member of His Family. How does that make you feel?