Hebrews Chapter 7:1-3
For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him.
- Who met Abraham? Hebrews 7:1
- What did Abraham give to Melchizedek? Hebrews 7:2
- Who was Melchizedek the kind of? Hebrews 7:2
- What does "King of Salem" mean? Hebrews 7:2
- What did Melchizedek not have? Hebrews 7:3
- Who was he made like? Hebrews 7:3
- How long will he remain a priest? Hebrews 7:3
Hebrews Chapter 7:4-10
See how great this man was to whom Abraham the patriarch gave a tenth of the spoils!
- How great was Melchizedek? Hebrews 7:4
- What did Abraham give to him? Hebrews 7:4
- What do those who are of the sons of Levi, who are of the priesthood, have a commandment receive from their brethren? Hebrews 7:5
- From whose loins do they come? Hebrews 7:5
- Whose genealogy did not come them? Hebrews 7:6
- What did Melchizedek receive from Abraham? Hebrews 7:6
- What is beyond contradiction? Hebrews 7:7
- Who received tithes here? Hebrews 7:8
- Through whom, and when did Levi receive tithes? Hebrews 7:9,Hebrews 7:10
Hebrews Chapter 7:11-13
For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.
- If perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what would there be no further need for? Hebrews 7:11
- Why was there a change of the law? Hebrews 7:12
- What tribe does Jesus belong to? Hebrews 7:13
Hebrews Chapter 7:14-17
For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.
- What is evident? Hebrews 7:14
- Who would arise in the likeness of Melchizedek? Hebrews 7:15
- What was Jesus' priesthood was not according to? Hebrews 7:16
- What was it according to? Hebrews 7:16
- What is testified about His priesthood? Hebrews 7:17
Hebrews Chapter 7:18-19
For or the law made nothing perfect; but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God.
- Why was the former commandment annulled? Hebrews 7:18
- What was made perfect by the law? Hebrews 7:19
- Through what hope do we draw near to God? Hebrews 7:19
Hebrews Chapter 7:20-22
But this one was made a priest with an oath by the one who said to him: “The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind, ‘You are a priest forever.’”
- Without what, was Levi made a priest? Hebrews 7:20
- How was Jesus made a priest? Hebrews 7:21
- What oath did God make to Jesus? Hebrews 7:21
- What has Jesus become a surety for? Hebrews 7:22
Hebrews Chapter 7:23-25
But he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues forever.
- Why were the Levitical priests prevented from continuing? Hebrews 7:23
- Why does Jesus have an unchangeable priesthood? Hebrews 7:24
- Why is He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him? Hebrews 7:25