Philippians Chapter 1:1-2
To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the overseers and deacons.
- Who were Paul and Timothy bondservants of? To whom were they writing this letter? Philippians 1:1
- How did they greet them? Philippians 1:2
Philippians Chapter 1:3-8
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
- When did Paul thank God? Philippians 1:3
- Who did he make requests for? Philippians 1:4
- What did the Philippians have fellowship in? Philippians 1:5
- How was Paul confident for them? Philippians 1:6
- Why was it right for Paul to think of them this way? Philippians 1:7
- How did Paul long for them? Philippians 1:8
Philippians Chapter 1:9-11
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment.
- How were they to abound? Philippians 1:9
- What were they to approve? Philippians 1:10
- What were they being filled with? Philippians 1:11
Philippians Chapter 1:12-14
I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel.
- What did Paul want them to know? Philippians 1:12
- What had become evident to all? Philippians 1:13
- How did the affect most of the brethren? Philippians 1:14
Philippians Chapter 1:15-18
Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will. The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel.
- How do some preach Christ? Philippians 1:15
- What motivated the former to preach Christ? Philippians 1:16
- What motivated the latter to preach Christ? What did the know about Paul? Philippians 1:17
- What made Paul rejoice? Philippians 1:18
Philippians Chapter 1:19-26
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain,If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell .
- How would this turn out for Paul? Philippians 1:19
- How would Christ be magnified in Paul? Philippians 1:20
- What was Paul's reason to live? What would it be to him to die? Philippians 1:21
- What would living on in the flesh mean? Philippians 1:22
- What was Paul hard pressed between, and why would it be far better for him to depart? Philippians 1:23
- What was more needful? Philippians 1:24
- What was he confident of? Philippians 1:25
- What would Paul's coming to them cause them to do? Philippians 1:26